A refurbished PC could be just what you need with Windows 7 support stopping.
Microsoft announced that January 14th2020 is D-day.
Being one of the tech giants more popular operating systems, a recent report from Netmarketshare suggests that Windows 7 is still being used on 39% of all PCs.
If the thought of running a PC for which there is to be no support should things go wrong, terrifies you, perhaps it’s time to think about time investing in a new PC.
Finding the right refurbished PC
A stroll around PC World or any other large electronics retail outlet will show you there are a vast number of machines to choose from. They each seem to offer the world to the un-techie user, so how can you be sure you get the right PC for you?
You could opt for the prettiest, cheapest, or the one with the flashiest marketing hype, or you could do the sensible thing and get yourself a refurbished one for a fraction of the price of a new one.
Of course, the cost isn’t the only benefit.
- Buying a second-hand machine means you can probably afford a higher spec in terms of memory, screen quality, and processor speed
- The reason for it being refurbished could be something as simple as replacing a touchpad or something equally superficial
- Fully refurbished computers generally come with a decent warranty period
- You’ll be helping the environment by buying second-hand rather than brand new
If you need to upgrade due to the Windows 7 support issue, think about purchasing a refurbished model before splashing out something brand new.
MPM can offer a competitive range of refurbished PCs and Laptops with a good warranty period.
You just let us know:
- Your budget,
- What you use your computer for, for example; only internet and email, or photo’s, or family tree stuff, or to access our works server etc.
- What connections your monitor has if you require a PC, so you don’t have to replace that as well
Then we will get to work to find the best fit for you. Call on 1449 770704 for a competitive quote.
MPM Computer Consultancy provides IT Services, Support and Training to sole traders and small businesses in Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, and surrounding villages.